[AktiviX-discuss] Weaving Our Own Web 13/01/2018 Free dayschool in London

Weaving Our Own Web zylum at peacenews.info
Fri Dec 22 12:38:49 UTC 2017

Weaving Our Own Web: Using the Internet to Campaign Effectively and
Strengthen Our Groups.
A Peace News dayschool.

Saturday, 13 January 2018, 10:00-17:30
2 Canonbury Villas, London, N1 2PN.
A wheelchair accessible venue.

https://peacenews.info/node/8853

This is a dayschool for campaigners to learn more about online tools
that can help their group to organise and win campaigns. It's for people
who are just starting out learning the basics, and for folk who want to
improve their skills. There will also be a forum  for more experienced
techies' to share ideas.

If you can bring a laptop or tablet (or smartphone) that will help you
to get the most out of the day, but there will also be some computers
available. There will be WiFi at the venue.

- - - - -

Workshops include:Emma Sangster (Peace News web person) and others: I
don't know anything! A three-part course introducing online campaigning
tools.

Kirk Jackson (IT Coordinator at Campaign Against Arms Trade): WordPress
for World-Changing.

Chris Henderson (Social Media Professional): How you can use social
media to win your campaign.

GreenNet (Ethical Internet Service Provider): Ask a techie - a chance to
resolve your IT nightmares.

There will be a strong focus on internet security and online privacy.

- - - - -

If you're part of a campaigning group, we recommend coming together with
someone else from your group.

Please register (FREE) online (if you require childcare then please flag
this before 31 December).
https://peacenews.info/node/8853

If you have any questions, please do get in touch.
zulum at peacenews.info

Benjamin and Mil,
from the Peace News team.