[AktiviX-discuss] hotmail blocking us again

bou bou at aktivix.org
Wed May 24 14:50:37 UTC 2017

The short answer is no.

years ago I collected some links to info that explained why each of the
corporate providers then known were 'not good'. *

The ones related to hotmail were:

https://www.zenatode.org.uk/ian/internet/hotmail.html

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/spamassassin-users/200605.mbox/%3CPine.LNX.4.64.0605250856560.25688@eis.iisc.ernet.in%3E

Aktivix users like most email uers receive 'phishing' emails. Sadly one
aktivix user fell for the 'you need to upgrade your account' by clicking
on the link provided to then proceed to input their aktivix user name
and password.

So that user name and password were duly used to send spam using the
aktivix mail server and other email providers, on noticing, started to
reject all emails coming from aktivix - since aktivix was sending out spam.

Aktivix admins realised and duly disabled the compromised account so no
more spam could come out of it.

Now, most decent server admins react to spam no longer coming from a
server, or messages from other admins.

Not hotmail.

And that is why there is no end of this problem in sight. Hotmail will
not respond to messages from users or admins of such small servers as
aktivix. The only thing to do is wait and, in the meantime, try get
friends and colleagues and comrades to switch to a decent provider from
this list,

https://help.riseup.net/en/security/resources/radical-servers

All I would say then is good luck ...

b.