[AktiviX-users] newsletter 200909 [en][es][de]

r7 r7 at aktivix.org
Mon Sep 21 01:35:29 BST 2009

[en]-es-de

Hello!

This is one of our infrequent newsletters that we send to everyone who
has an email or a list with Aktivix. We hope you are as pleased to
receive it as we are to write it: that we have time to write this
message means that our systems are functioning pretty well and we are
reasonably happy with our other work.

*For service reasons, email will be unavailable between 02:30 and
04:30UTC on Monday 21 September 2009. Please note that UTC is the same
as GMT.*

On to the fun stuff....

Can you help?
=============

Aktivix hosts a community website using the mediawiki software -
exactly the same as wikipedia. We currently have some background
information about Aktivix as well as some very basic info about using
our services (but you probably have to look for it a bit). We need
your help in improving this resource! It only takes a few minutes to
register and start editing the content - you can do this by going to:

	*
https://en.wiki.aktivix.org/index.php?title=Special:UserLogin&type=signup&returnto=Main_Page

(sorry about the horrendously long url  ;-)

But - oh no! What is this warning??
===================================

We know lots of you may be put off by a security warning that appears
in your web browser when you try to access our pages. Please don't be!
The reason for this is that the certificate authority we use, CACert,
is not included by default in the main web browsers (firefox - which
we recommend - opera, internet explorer, etc), so you have to add it
yourself. There are good instructions on how to do this on the UK
Indymedia website:

        * http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/static/security.html

We'd also like to assure you that we take security seriously in all
the aspects of our services, and work: we use various methods of
encryption to protect your data.

Other ways to help
==================

If you're able to contribute to Aktivix in some way, everyone would
highly appreciate it. Aktivix is a community project that is financed
and run solely by its participants - so there are many ways to
contribute. If you'd like to contribute towards the maintenance and
upkeep of our services, you can make donations to our bank account:

  * The Cooperative Bank:
  * Account no: 65322561
  * Sort code: 08-92-99

We also have the facilities for accepting contributions in Euros or in
US Dollars - for more information about this, please write to us at
aktivix-request at lists.aktivix.org. We also have full details on the
website:

  * https://en.wiki.aktivix.org/Aktivix:DonateToAktivix

Alternatively, you may like to participate more by helping to run the
various services we provide: we can be found on irc.indymedia.org in
#aktivix - feel free to drop by and say hello and have a chat with us
about what your strengths are, what you'd like to learn etc.

Plans
=====
AktiviX have been working recently to improve our infrastructure for the
services we provide and strengthen the links to other radical tech
collectives. In the very near future we will have more hardware
available which should improve the present services and enable us to
offer more to AktiviX users. We will hopefully have more news in our
next newsletter.

Finally...
==========

We'd like to remind everyone - particularly list admins - that our
resources are not infinite. In particular, we do not have unlimited
storage space, and thus it is really important that list admins deal
with messages held in moderation as soon as they can.

In solidarity,

    -- The Aktivix Collective

en-[es]-de

¡Hola!

Éste es uno de nuestros infrecuentes boletines de noticias que enviemos
a la gente que tiene un email o una lista con Aktivix. Esperamos que
estéis tan contentos de recibirlo como nosotros de escribirlo: el que
tengamos tiempo para escribir este mensaje significa que nuestros
sistemas están funcionando bastante bien y estamos razonablemente
felices con nuestro trabajo.

Ahora a lo divertido....

¿Puedes ayudar?
===============
Aktivix tiene un sitio web de comunidad que usa el software mediawiki -
exactamente el mismo que wikipedia. Actualmente tenemos alguna
información sobre Aktivix así como alguna información muy básica sobre
la utilización de nuestros servicios (pero hay que buscarlo un poco y
está todo en inglés). ¡Necesitamos ayuda para mejorar y traducir este
recurso! Sólo se tarda unos minutos en registrarse y comenzar a editar
el contenido - si lees y escribes inglés con comodidad, este es tu enlace:

https://en.wiki.aktivix.org/index.php?title=Special:UserLogin&type=signup&returnto=Main_Page

(sentimos el URL tan horrendamente largo; -)

¡Pero... - oh no! ¿Qué es esta advertencia??

Sabemos que a muchos de vosotros os puede asustar una advertencia de
seguridad que aparece en vuestros navegadores cuando intentáis acceder a
nuestras páginas. Por favor ¡no os asustéis! La razón de esto es que la
autoridad de certificados que utilizamos, CACert, no se incluye por
defecto en los navegadores principales (Firefox - que recomendamos -
Opera, Internet Explorer, etc), así que tenéis que agregarlo vosotras
mismas. Hay instrucciones en inglés para hacer esto en el Web site de
Indymedia UK, aunque está solamente en inglés:

http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/static/security.html

También nos gustaría aseguraros que tomamos la seguridad seriamente en
todos los aspectos de nuestros servicios y trabajo: utilizamos varios
métodos de encriptación para proteger vuestros datos.

Otras maneras de ayudar
=======================

Si podéis contribuir a Aktivix de alguna manera, todos lo apreciaríamos
muchísimo. Aktivix es un proyecto comunitario financiado y gestionado
solamente por sus participantes - así que hay muchas maneras de
contribuir. Si quieréis contribuir al mantenimiento de nuestros
servicios, podéis hacer donaciones a nuestra cuenta bancaria:

The Cooperative Bank:
Número de cuenta: 65322561
Código de sucursal: 08-92-99

También podemos aceptar contribuciones en euros o en dólares
estadounidenses - para más información sobre esto, escribidnos por favor
a aktivix-request at lists.aktivix.org. Si escribís en inglés quizás os
contestaremos más rápido, pero por supuesto también podéis hacerlo en
castellano.

También tenemos detalles en inglés aquí:
https://en.wiki.aktivix.org/Aktivix:DonateToAktivix

Alternativamente, quizás os gustaría participar más ayudando a gestionar
los varios servicios que proporcionamos: podemos ser encontrados en
irc.indymedia.org en #aktivix - todos hablan inglés en ese canal pero
hay gente que habla otros idiomas; el castellano es uno de ellos. Podéis
venir a saludarnos, a charlar y a decirnos que podéis ofrecer y qué os
gustaría aprender, etc.

Planes
======

AktiviX ha estado trabajando recientemente en mejorar nuestra
infraestructura para los servicios que proveemos y en fortalecer
nuestros lazos con otros collectivos técnicos radicales. En un futuro
muy cercano tendremos más hardware disponible, lo que debería mejorar
los servicios presentes y capacitarnos para ofrecer más a los usuarios
de AktiviX. Esperamos tener más noticias sobre esto en nuestro próximo
boletín.

Finalmente...
=============

Nos gustaría recordaros a todos - particularmente a los administradores
de las listas - que nuestros recursos no son infinitos. Particularmente,
no tenemos espacio de almacenamiento ilimitado, y por tanto es realmente
importante que los admins de las listas se ocupen de los mensajes
retenidos en moderación tan pronto como puedan. Muchas gracias.

En solidaridad,

El colectivo Aktivix

en-es-[de]

Hallo!

Diese Mail ist einer von unseren Rundbriefen, die wir gelegentlich allen
schicken, die eine Mailbox oder einen Verteiler bei AktiviX haben. Wir
hoffen dass es euch genausoviel freut, ihn zu bekommen, als wir, ihn zu
schreiben -- dass wir die Zeit haben, diese Mail zu schreiben und zu
übersetzen heißt dass unsere Systeme zurzeit relativ gut funktionieren
und dass wir mit unserer Arbeit einigermaßen zufrieden sind.

*Aus technischen Gründen wird es am 21.9.2009 zwischen 02.30 und 04.30
UTC (04.30 und 06.30 MEZ) keinen Zugang zu AktiviX-Mail geben.*

Los gehts mit dem Spaß...

Könnt ihr helfen?
=================

AktiviX hostet eine Community-Website, die das Mediawiki-Softwarepaket
verwendet. Wir haben bis jetzt einige Hintergrundinformationen über
AktiviX und einige sehr elementare Gebrauchsanleitungen für unsere
Dienste (manchmal muss man aber ein Weilchen danach suchen!). Wir
brauchen Hilfe, um diese Ressourcen zu verbessern und auch zu
übersetzen. Um den Inhalt zu bearbeiten muss man sich anmelden, was nur
einige Sekunde braucht -- das könnt ihr auf der Seite
https://en.wiki.aktivix.org/index.php?title=Special:UserLogin&type=signup&returnto=Main_Page
(entschuldigt bitte die furchtbar lange Adresse!)

Es wäre auch ganz schön, wenn andere sich bereit erklären würden, diese
Mails ins Deutsche zu übersetzen. Wenn ihr eventuell die Zeit hättet, ab
und zu eine Rundmail (auch zum Teil) zu übersetzen, bitte meldet auch
bei uns unter aktivix-request at lists.aktivix.org

Aber -- Verdammt! Was ist mit dieser Sicherheitswarnung?

Wir wissen dass viele von euch eventuell von der Warnung abgeschreckt
werden, die in eurem Browser erscheint, wenn ihr unsere Webseiten
abruft. Bitte werdet nicht abgeschreckt! Es liegt daran, dass die
nicht-kommerzielle Zertifizierungsstelle, CACert, die wir verwenden,
nicht standardmäßig von den meisten Browsern (Firefox -- den wir
empfehlen -- Opera, Internet Explorer usw.) unterstützt wird, was heißt,
dass man sie extra installieren muss. Eine Anleitung findet ihr bei
Indymedia Deutschland auf der Seite

* http://de.indymedia.org/static/faq.shtml#anchor-ssl

Wir möchten euch auch versichern, dass wir in jedem Aspekt unserer
Arbeit und unseren Dienstleistungen einen sehr hohen Wert auf die
Sicherheit legen. Wir verwenden verschiedene Formen von Verschlüsselung,
um eure Daten zu sichern.

Sonstige Hilfe
==============

Wir freuen uns über Hilfebeiträge jeder Art. AktiviX ist ein
Community-Projekt, das nur von denen finanziert und betrieben wird, die
am Projekt teilnehmen -- was heißt, es gibt verschiedene Arten,
mitzumachen und einen Beitrag zu leisten. Wenn ihr was spenden möchtet,
bitte meldet euch unter aktivix-request at lists.aktivix.org . Details
stehen auch (bisher nur in Englisch) auf unserem Homepage:

* https://en.wiki.aktivix.org/Aktivix:DonateToAktivix

Ihr könnt auch bei unseren Dienstleistungen mitmachen: wir sind bei
irc.indymedia.org in #aktivix zu finden -- kommt mal vorbei um euch mit
uns darüber zu unterhalten, was ihr gerne machen wollt, lernen wollt
usw.

Pläne
=====

AktiviX arbeitet daran, die Infrastruktur unseres
Dienstleistungsangebots zu verbessern und unsere Verbindungen zu anderen
radikalen Tech-Kollektiven zu verstärken. In der näheren Zukunft wird
uns weitere Hardware zur Verfügung stehen, die dafür sorgen wird, dass
wir euch mehr anbieten können. Näheres in der nächsten Rundmail!

Und letztlich...

Wir möchten alle daran erinnern -- insbesondere die, die für Verteiler
verantwortlich sind -- dass unsere Ressourcen nicht unendlich sind. Wir
haben insbesondere keine unbegrenzten Speicherkapazitäten, daher ist es
sehr wichtig, dass sich Verteileradministrator_innen möglichst bald um
Moderationsanfragen kümmern.

Solidarische Grüße,

    -- Kollektiv AktiviX