[alt-media-res] forte

zoe zoe at esemplastic.net
Thu Jun 15 15:06:57 BST 2006

hey all

just got back from absolutely phenomenal transmission gathering at forte
prenestino

took notes and recorded audio files from most of the sessions, materials
much welcomed by the group and which are going up on that project's wiki

http://www.transmission.cc/wiki/Main_Page

Q: not sure if I need to repost all this to our wiki or can i just link?

Q: also, where is our wiki exactly now? I've lost all my bookmarks somehow
and now not sure if we are still with activix or not... want to spread more
detailed info to the transmission people; esp to deedee hallet of deepdish
tv which is makng a doc series on independent media networks for US
audiences

I did fullish interviews with about 5 people there including guy who set up
climate indymedia, woman who used to work with mick on precursor to clearer
channel and more lately is part of engagemedia which organised this
conference, and one of the guys who wrote original indymedia code and is now
coding for more sophisticated online video distro software with engagemedia.

Q: what is latest situation on transcription? anyone else up to it or should
I just keep on trugging through? will be a major delay if only me doing all
these... cos I've so much else to do!

so....my plan now is to

1. write a short report of the conference for you all and the other online
media projects I'm linked to

2. see if they are willing to consider starting to develop common metadata
stadards etc so as to actually feed selected meda data to each other's
sites automatically

3. set out options for ifiwatch.tv relating to whether we shift to a new
content management system etc

4. find a techie that can implement whatever options we agree on

5. fundraise to pay for techie and ongoing work on ifiwatch.tv etc

6. transcribe interviews

7. get back to making movies one day.......................................

but not all necessarily in that order... and with numerous side tasks etc
for every aspect

xxx