[alt-media-res] transmission - schedule and further detail.

Pennie Quinton pennieq at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 2 17:34:17 BST 2006

 Steffan and Zoe and all : )

I have also written to Tony and Rachel but have not
as yet heard back.
When I spoke to Tony, he  said that did not really
have the head space to deal with all 'this', and was
not going to do anything, it was just that felt angry
that we had not contacted the London list with our
initial  proposal, he felt that we had been rude not
to do so but was not interested in making a big deal
out of it, he was just disappointed.
 However I do think that if we are going to continue
with making a case study of London IMC and UK IMC then
we should put out a call out for people who would like
to engage with the research and formally invite people
to participate.
 Maybe we can work on that idea as a group.
I have felt that the reason we did not engage
publically on lists right away was because of the
conflicts that arose at the feb 06  knowledge lab.
Certainly hearing of some of the critcisms that
circulated  unoffically about the project I feel made
us uneasy.
Approaching the lists should be a simple and positive
act, that we carry out openly.
However if as happened then there was gossip and bad
feeling created  instead of " hey great!! a project of
aktivist academics who are looking at integrating the
academic world into a more active state, our endevours
have been taken as if we have bad motives.
Which I know none of us have.
I began this project to think about how to strengthen
and understand more about alternative media which I
have worked hard on since 2000. I am certain we can do
this and have an open debate, as part of our research.
Therefore I think that as those remaining on the
project are unlikely to be derrogatory about it to
other people working closely on IMC projects then it
is possible for us to open up.
Best
Pennie

--- zoe <zoe at esemplastic.net> wrote:

> I've written to toni and rachel who apparently
> raised concerns last weds, no
> reply as yet
> why not wait for that, if at all?
> if anyone has their numbers I'll ring and see what
> if any problem there
> actually is
> am tracking the numbers down by other routes
> meanwhile
> xx

=== message truncated ===

 Don't Hate the Media - Be the Media!