[alt-media-res] Fwd: PUBLISHING BOOKS

Andre Spicer Andre.Spicer at wbs.ac.uk
Wed Aug 1 09:44:40 BST 2007

What road do we want to take with the proposed book summing up the alt
media project. I am beginning to develop some ideas about a possible
outline

Andre

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
André Spicer
Industrial Relations and Organisational Behaviour
Warwick Business School
University of Warwick
Coventry CV4 7AL
United Kingdom

Andre.Spicer at wbs.ac.uk
+44 (0)24 7652 4513
http://andre.spicer.googlepages.com/home

>>> Jude Howell <J.A.Howell at lse.ac.uk> 07/20/07 11:58 am >>>
Dear all,

I have recently spoken to Palgrave/Macmillan about an NGPA book series,
which would include a mixture of authored, co-authored and edited
volumes. In order to make a formal proposal to them, I need to have some
idea about how many of you are planning books, whether you would put
them in the book series, when you would expect to produce them. If any
of you already have a brief book outline, then I could highlight that as
an example.

There are also other publishers that I will probably discuss the idea
with. So far Palgrave has been very receptive to the idea but of course
they do need to see the formal proposal before deciding. They are also
doing a book series for another ESRC research programme.

I am aiming to do this over the summer (or perhaps better called `the
monsoon season' now!) so any replies soon would be extremely helpful.

Best wishes

Jude