[alt-media-res] alt-media conference

zoe zoe at esemplastic.net
Thu Feb 1 17:47:29 GMT 2007

greetings g'day and paul:
I've been working for a while with an academic/activist project exploring
and refelecting on alt-media networks, the wiki for this is here:
http://alt-media-res.clearerchannel.org/public/index.php?title=Main_Page
the project comes to an end this year and we were thinking of round it off
with an event/conference/party where we could invite collaborators, share
some of what we've been finding, show some films, think about what outputs
we want to make and generally bring people together to think and share and
plot in alt-media including for a nice party and chill.
there is a bit of budget left to cover some costs of this.
that's about all we have planned yet, we were thinking about late april/may,
so when we saw your propoal in schnews it seemed to mayeb hang together!
we had planned to do it probably in london, maybe at 491 or similar, but
brighton could be good too...
xxx

Networking Online Video for Social Change: http://www.transmission.cc
Films about International Financial Institutions: http://www.ifiwatch.tv
Writing on the Global Environment Facility: http://www.newgreenorder.info
http://shootingpeople.org/cards/zoe   skype: zoeyou   yahoo: eyesonifis
zoe at esemplastic.net, eyes at ifiwatchnet.org, zoeontheroad at hotmail.com
tel: 44 (0) 20 7723 2875 uk local rate: 0845 345 0967 mobile: 44 (0) 7931
316970