[alt-media-res] Fw: [Mute-social] NYC GRASSROOTS MEDIA CONFERENCE REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!

zoe zoe at esemplastic.net
Mon Jan 29 17:57:13 GMT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: Simon Worthington
To: mute-social at lists.metamute.org
Sent: Monday, January 29, 2007 5:45 PM
Subject: [Mute-social] NYC GRASSROOTS MEDIA CONFERENCE REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!

NYC GRASSROOTS MEDIA CONFERENCE REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!
Join us for the 4th Annual NYC Grassroots Media Conference, where we will strategize how media can be used as a tool to achieve social justice across boundaries and beyond borders.

Fourth Annual NYC Grassroots Media Conference:
Media and Movements Beyond Borders
Saturday February 24th, 2007, 10am-7pm
Where: New School University
65 Fifth Avenue (at 13th Street)
Sponsored by New School Department of Media Studies

===========
Register, network. submit your film, put in an ad or just join us in strategizing on the use of social justice media as a tool to cut across borders and boundaries.

Opening Reception/Networking Event:
Friday, February 23, 2007, 6pm-8pm
New School University
Wollman Hall
66 W. 12th, 5th Floor
*Refreshments provided*

Registration includes general admission to the Conference, access to all workshops, networking sessions and panels.

Registration Fees:
$20 - Pre-Registration
$30 - Registration Day of Event
$15 - Student registration with valid ID
$25 - Student registration with valid ID Day of Event
$5 - Youth (21 and Under) Registration

Please contact info at nycgrassrootsmedia.org if you'd like to apply for a scholarship, for more info or to see if you qualify.

You can register online right now online using your credit card.

You can also register and pay with cash before February 23rd at 5pm at:

+ Bluestockings Bookstore 172 Allen Street (between Stanton and Rivington),
212.777.6028

+ VOX POP CAFE, 1022 Cortelyou Rd, Brooklyn, NY 11218,
718.940.2084

+ Labyrinth Books, 536 West 112th Street, New York, NY 10025,
212.865.1588

You will also be able to register at the conference itself.
See rates above for day-of entrance.

*****************************
We're now accepting artwork and films, advertisements, table exhibition reservations and more.

To submit your artwork or film (Deadline Feb 2):

To ad in the conference program (Deadline Feb 2):

To reserve a table to promote your organization in the exhibition area. (Deadline Feb 2):

Join us for the 4th annual NYC Grassroots Media Conference as we explore: What are the common threads inherent in our global struggles for social change and how does media contribute to our understanding of the root causes of injustice faced by world communities?

Participate in one of the most exciting, local, grassroots media and activism events in New York City!

More than 200 local organizations and over 3,000 people have already participated in NYC Grassroots Media Coalition events. The conference offers an ideal opportunity for presenting organizations and activists to reach out and gain visibility among the many conference attendees.

Network with participating organizations, make connections and form the basis for future partnerships.

Information about how to submit proposals, art and film, purchase ads, reserve tables and register for the conference is available at nycgrassrootsmedia.org

      Starts 01/14/2007
      Ends 02/24/2007
      Issues Economic Justice, Family & Society, Gay/Lesbian, Gender/Women, Human Rights, Media, Politics/Government, Racial Justice, Youth, Censorship, Digital Divide, Digital Media, Fair Representation, Media Literacy, Legal Reform
      Homepage nycgrassrootsmedia.org
      Contact jen at papertiger.org

Posted on January 17, 2007 in Event / Call to action by Anayansi