[alt-media-res] the new drupal ifiwatch.tv - feedback please!

zoe zoe at esemplastic.net
Fri Jun 15 21:49:58 BST 2007

greetings people

in recent months, Morihiro Sugimoto has been doing wonderful things
recreating www.ifiwatch.tv in the drupal content management system. the goal
is greater ease of use and more effective tools, connections, help etc.

the new site can be seen at

http://ifiwatch2.clients.codepositive.com

as you'll see, his work is not yet complete, for example we do not yet have
video feeds coming in and there are various gaps and glitches. but my
feeling is that this model already shows amazing potential, and now is the
time for us as prospective users etc to test out the basic functionality,
see what is missing, not clear etc.

to log in and test the data upload forms, (please don't delete anything but
do feel free to add relevant video listings, upload missing images and/or
correct any details you know to be wrong!)

username: zoeyoung

password: 12345678

In particular, can I draw your attention to a really promising new tool?
when you select a keyword from the tag cloud or perform a search, you can
make the results of this search into an RSS feed which (using a feed reader
or aggregator) will then update you (your computer, your website..) with
latest information, videos etc on that specific topic. you have the option
to refine your search with one or more additional keywords, this too can be
made into an RSS feed. So, if your work is focused on the EIB, for example,
you can subscribe to a feed of latest videos on the EIB, or if you are
interested only in climate change, the IMF and SubSaharan Africa, you can
subscribe to a feed on that.... please do help me to test this out and let's
see where we can get to with this!

Mori will complete this phase of his work in the next week or two (there's
no more budget to pay him now, he's already done wonders on so little...),
so this is the time for us to engage and provide feed back. Attached is a
doc summarising my notes so far, please send your comments to me so that I
can collate and send them onto Mori.

thanks, I hope you are even half as excited about this as I am!

zoe