[alt-media-res] planning to make policy recommendations

Zoe zoe at esemplastic.net
Thu Mar 13 02:44:08 GMT 2008

hi all

chatting last week with steffen (after he and andre and I failed to get
together to do some group analysis/policy recommendations the week before),
we thought the best way forward in the current imperfect circumstances would
be to get as many of us as possible together in next week or few, decide
which projects to really analyse and then work some more on them - enough at
least to come up with recommendations for just those few projects.

I guess we're cuirrently waiting on sian's return to start this group
process?
pennie, when are you coming back? are you happy/able to work on this at a
distance?
personally I'm only really going to be able to make useful inputs on
ifiwatch.tv and metadata and maybe some imc history. I've got bits of time
the next few weeks to work on this, after that I really need to move on. as
do others I think. and the ngpa deadline seems to be fairly long gone ; )

Steffen and I agreed that we can't honestly make any policy recommendations,
let alone think about proposing a book, before at least some more
substantive analysis and comparison has been done and key planned texts
completed. if for any reason that can't now be done, I'll be removing my
name from the project.
in which case farewell, thanks for the support to these exciting projects
: )
what a shame we couldn't actually feed back research-based insights to them
: (

but I'm sure that won't happen : )) we can stilll do it! from where I'm,
sitting anyway, it's not too late.. just ; )

I'm looking forward to hearing from others soon about when and how we can
finish up the work nicely. I'll be back in town tuesday next week and am
happy to offer my place or to travel to meet next week, can also work on
drafts online, and discuss by phone. week after next will be difficult,
first week in april more possible again.

xxx