[alt-media-res] Invitation: Launching IFIwatch.TV and RethinkingFinance.org, 26th March, 6.30 pm, Horse Hospital, London WC1

Zoe zoe at esemplastic.net
Thu Mar 19 22:17:26 GMT 2009

/Please spread far and wide - apologies for cross postings)/**

*Want to know what's really going on with the financial crisis, who
caused it, and what could be done? *

*Want to share your ideas, actions, events, stories, analysis? *

*Want to see the future of free media on the web?*

*Then come to....*

            ***  the Launch ***

of our innovative, timely and necessary new sister web portals:

**** http://www.rethinkingfinance.org
<http://www.rethinkingfinance.org/> ***
                and
    *** http://www.ifiwatch.tv <http://www.ifiwatch.tv/> *** *

films, info and website demos, bar and snacks,
news about imminent actions, in depth analyses and the future,
vital information, lovely people... come!

*Thursday 26th March, 6.30-9 pm
Horse Hospital
Colonnade, London WC1N 1HX UK*
<http://www.thehorsehospital.com/archives/000040.html>
(1 min from from Russell Sq station: left, left and left again)

****** http://www.rethinkingfinance.org
<http://www.rethinkingfinance.org/> *** *

RethinkingFinance puts forward alternative ideas and analyses of the
current financial and economic crises. It collects information and
comments on recent and upcoming events, and gives an overview of
thinking and activities outside the corporate/government nexus.
Rethinking finance is made by several international civil society
organisations and individuals that contribute content, plus relevant
news from mainstream media and the best informed blogs, keeping it a
place of lively debate and up to date information.

**** http://www.ifiwatch.tv <http://www.ifiwatch.tv/> ****

IFIWatch.TV presents video on the environment, development, onfinancial
architecture and public investment - documentaries, TV shows,
animations, protest reports, feature films, music videos, expert
analysis and more - plus feeds of news, blogs and detailed reports.. all
about massive, opaque bureaucracies known as 'International Financial
Institutions' and what gets done with our money, our neighbours and our
planet.

Created on a shoestring using free and open source Drupal content
management software (http://www.drupal.org <http://www.drupal.org/>)
these sites are pushing forward the latest online media aggregation
tools to share information freely across the net....

*What do you think of them so far? *

*How can you help do any of this better?*

*Come along and tell us..*

Thursday 26th March, 6.30-9 pm
The Horse Hospital (the Chamber of Pop Culture)
http://www.thehorsehospital.com/archives/000040.html<http://www.thehorsehospital.com/archives/000040.html>

http://www.multimap.com/maps/?zoom=16&countryCode=GB&qs=WC1N1HX
<http://www.multimap.com/maps/?zoom=16&countryCode=GB&qs=WC1N1HX>
Colonnade,  London WC1N 1HX  UK
behind Russell Sq stn (left, left and left again),

enquiries to Zoe - at - zoeyoung.net   020 7723 2875 ....

*see you there!*