[BigBlether] ACE welcome meeting

Mike mike77 at macunlimited.net
Sat May 20 21:47:46 BST 2006

ALL HANDS ON DECK FOR A.C.E.!

        ACE WELCOME MEETING

7:30pm  Wednesday 24 May
at the Autonomous Centre of Edinburgh, 17 West Montgomery Place
(junction with Brunswick Road) EH7 5HA       0131 557 6242
(Buses - 22 and all buses down Leith Walk - get off at stop after MacDonald Rd
and walk up Brunswick Rd, past the Primary School, ACE is on the corner on the right)

Find out about plans for the new ACE resource centre and
how you can get involved..
You are welcome to bring food to share...

The Autonomous Centre of Edinburgh is an independent
self-managed resource centre.  ACE exists to support
and encourage people to feel empowered to take more
control over their own lives and to co-operate with
others to achieve collective aims. We believe in
people co-operating as equals to create a shared world
free from exploitation, oppression and hierarchy. Our
premises are near the city centre, just off Leith
Walk.

We have recently obtained a donation which will enable
us to make great improvements to our Centre and start
various exciting new projects. If you share our vision
of self-organisation without politicians or leaders,
then we invite you to get involved in and help shape
these new developments.

                    NEW IDEAS

a cheap  wholefood shop selling healthy food

an info shop with hard-to-find magazines, pamphlets,
books, leaflets, fanzines, cds plus zapatista coffee
and handicrafts

film nights, discussions, public events, guest
speakers

anti racist, anti war,  feminist health, queer
politics - workshops and actions socials, benefits and
gigs

attractive meeting space open to a wide range of
groups, with a small kids space to make it
child-friendly

computers, internet, scanner, photocopier, film
projector and other facilities

widening the existing Edinburgh Claimants activity to
create solidarity networks to support each other against
oppressive authorities

a library of books, pamphlets and radical magazines

These are just some of the existing ideas - all are
welcome to suggest and start up new projects.  ACE is
not a service provided to others, but rather a space
where people can work together to help themselves and
each other.

              HOW YOU CAN GET INVOLVED

Help in the redecoration and renovation of the
premises - whether you have a particular skill, or
just fancy wielding a paint brush, that will be a
great help.

Join the working groups for one or more of the above
projects.

Take an idea along for a group you'd like to initiate
or help run in the centre. We are open to any new
suggestions based on the priniciples above.

Come to our meetings, 7.30pm at ACE the first
Wednesday of every month,and often other dates, contact us for details

Drop in any Tuesday afternoon 1-4pm when Edinburgh
Claimants host an open advice and solidarity session, and the info shop and
library are open

Join our e mail list - go to www.autonomous.org.uk

ACE, 17 West Montgomery Place, Edinburgh EH7 5HA

(junction with Brunswick Road)

0131 557 6242

ace at autonomous.org.uk

www.autonomous.org.uk    www.edinburghclaimants.org