[Bilstonglen] Midlothian Public Consultation to start 31 Oct

Positive Vibrations positivevibes at riseup.net
Sun Oct 9 03:38:26 BST 2005

http://www.midlothian.gov.uk/council/pressreleases/
pressreleasedetails.aspx?ReleaseID=1557

Thursday, October 06, 2005
Local Plan Consultation Starts October 31

Midlothian Council has announced the second round of public
consultation on the main elements of the new Midlothian Local Plan.

Consultation will start on Monday 31 October 2005 and continue for six
weeks until Friday 9 December.

The initial round of consultation took place last year to identify
development land for the provision of homes and jobs to meet the
requirements of the approved Edinburgh and Lothians Structure Plan
2015, and also to ensure that planning policies are kept up to date
with national guidance.

Feedback from that consultation has led to the preparation of the
report agreed at Cabinet - Review of Midlothian and Shawfair Local
Plans: Policy Changes and Development Sites for Consultation.

This document sets out the draft policies and proposals put forward for
consultation, including those detailing the strategic land allocations
for housing and economic development, based on the two transport
corridors - the A7/A68 and the A701.

Councillor Jim Dunsmuir, Cabinet Member for Strategic Services says:
"In bringing these proposals forward we have included a major
consultation process to allow as many residents and others with an
interest in Midlothian to take part. In preparing this consultation
document we have incorporated views and opinions expressed from the
initial discussions we had at the start of the process and we have
given a commitment to listen and take account of the feedback received
during this next stage of the process. We also need to take account of
a strategic environmental assessment which is being carried out on the
proposals and consider the impact these would have on communities and
the local environment. This is a new statutory requirement placed on
the planning process."

During the public consultation period, an information leaflet will be
sent to households and exhibitions will be held at local libraries in
Dalkeith, Gorebridge and Loanhead and at Queensway Leisure Centre in
Penicuik. A travelling exhibition in the form of a community bus will
tour the main communities. An introductory seminar for Community
Councils will be held at the start of the consultation process and two
public workshops, one for each of the development corridors, have been
arranged.

Information on the Local Plan proposals and the consultation
arrangements will be posted on www.midlothian.gov.uk/localplan
throughout the consultation period.

After the consultation has been completed, the Council will prepare the
Finalised Local Plan and place it 'on deposit' for a 6 - week period
along with the Environmental Report, around Spring 2006. Any objections
received and not withdrawn during this period will be heard at a public
inquiry or hearing.

Contact: Communications Manager  , Telephone: 0131 271 3425

-----
  A701 CORRIDOR Core Development Area
HOUSING Loanhead 200 houses, Bilston 220 houses, Roslin 50 houses,
Penicuik 300 houses, plus provision for 150 social rented houses
BUSINESS/INDUSTRY Ashgrove Loanhead 10 hectares, Gowkley Moss East 5
hectares
BIOTECHNOLOGY/ KNOWLEDGE-BASED INDUSTRY Bush/Technopole 25 hectares

A7/A68 CORRIDOR Core Development Area
HOUSING Dalkeith 100 houses Eskbank 100 houses Easthouses, 100 houses
Mayfield 100 houses, Gorebridge 700 houses, Rosewell 250 houses
BUSINESS/INDUSTRY Todhills 5 hectares, Sheriffhall South 15 hectares,
Hardengreen 5 hectares, Stobhill 5 hectares, Gorebridge 5 hectares