[blag-whereto] some of my thoughts

Jason devslashnull at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 1 16:01:19 GMT 2008

One point of curiosity I have, do we still have source code for all the files we are hosting?   That could potentially bite us in the future.

It looks like I'm getting some server space.  I'm not sure how much disk space it will involve, but when I know, I'll see if I can mirror anything from BLAG repos.  How much was 90K repos + source ?  It would be handy to have those around.

I'd also like to create a Fedora 10 repository to potentially create builds off of.  At worse it may be some good practice.  So far from trying to work with Fedora 10, I'm very unhappy with much of it.  I find it sluggish to boot, subject to frequent freezing and completely non-intuitive with network setup.   I morn for the BLAG 70K that ran flawlessly that I blew away to install it.  I hope I can figure out ways to improve F10 and document them.  I already improved things by disabling selinux, now it at least allows me to try to fix the networking.

-Jason (noldrin)

aim: noldrin