[blag-whereto] BLAG 1xK

jayeola jayeola at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 20:10:29 GMT 2008

On Tue, 2 Dec 2008 11:51:00 -0500
"Abdur-Rahman Morgan" <21stcenturytechnosapien at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> The question of where we take BLAG and GNU Linux, is a question that
> encompasses what legacy we want to leave for future generations who
> undoubtedly will have to overcome challenges that the GNU GPL will
> continue to fight to ensure our freedoms. As we enter the second
> decade of the 21st century, as users, developers, activists, artists,
> technosapiens, we must think and re-define how new technologies and
> advances in computing and electronics will allow us to maintain the
> principles that bought is here. Our physical existence and virtual
> resources that have continue to closely come together are integral on
> how we get work done in our daily lives.
>
> For the past three years (and continuing on) I have enjoyed using
> BLAG 60k and 70k, playing around with 80k and adjusting to using 90k,
> on systems that ranged from a Pentium II to now my AMD Athlon 64 X-2
> Desktop. Before that, I had not understood the issues that
> differentiates BLAG, gNewSense, uTuto, Dynebolic, GNUStep and Musix
> while using Fedora Core, but a trip to FSF Annual members meeting
> quickly changed that. I have been happy with all versions of BLAG
> even with the challenges in 90k with the issues with yum and apt,
> because it somewhat reminded me of the days when I started using
> Linux, with Redhat 8 and 9 and configuring some of the hardware
> manually was a pain. As a whole community we have come very far and I
> am proud of what has evolved using Free Software from a social,
> political and technological standpoint.
>
> BLAG 90k and prior versions
> -----------------------------------
> We need to continue on the same path Jebba has bought us. And Jebba
> we will need your guidance to ensure that the distribution is
> maintained. We have a reputation in the community that is respected
> and all of us need to bring our skills together during this time to
> demonstrate the power of who we are as individuals and blag users. We
> need to keep BLAG 90k up to date by:
>
> Ensuring we have server(s) that it can be downloaded from
> Ensuring that it is available using peer to peer clients through
> torrents Ensuring that we can keep up with the updates.
>
> In order to accomplish this, we will need to define at least 3 or 4
> sources it is presently available (direct and or as a mirror) and
> ensure that we are providing the most updated copies for individuals
> to install. Any present updates should be included as we continue to
> maintain and update 90k. This I think we owe to users who are
> visiting our site downloading, trying it, and using it and to the
> Free Software Foundation that has our name listed among
> distributions. There is a body of users using Fedora who I think we
> have the ability to persuade that using BLAG will change the whole
> GNU/Linux experience.
>
> BLAG 1xK and onward
> ---------------------------
> I think our focus should defintely be on improving upon what 90k was
> [...]

This is gonna be a funny one. Thus far I've been playing with FC10 on
an IBM Thinkpad x30. I won't go into the bugs here but once this has
been "set up", I'll probably create a "public space" to put the output
from scripts and commands. This will allow all to laugh at my silly
mistakes...

... more importantly it'll be part blog, part "let's not make the same
mistake he made" and part what ever else it turns out to be.

very good idea of the live cd. (/Me steals this idea) and the older
hardware /* stealing that  one too */

/jjm