[blag-whereto] BLAG 1xK

Jason devslashnull at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 2 23:40:44 GMT 2008

--- On Tue, 12/2/08, jayeola <jayeola at gmail.com> wrote:

You are lucky that you got X running on y0our system. Currently ssh-ing
into that laptop as every time X is started the whole system locks up.
Reading the bugzilla thingie from RH about it.

The major issues I have left are that I'm still working on getting Wireless working (Originally selinux wouldn't let me touch wireless at all)  and I'm unable to come out of suspend successfully.

I once had X crash the system on start up.  X startup is a lot more humane once I moved to the Free-dora linux-libre kernel.  Even if I didn't care about binary blobs I would recommend that kernel to anyone trying to use Fedora.

As for the Fedora LiveCDs.. while I got them to boot, none of them would successfully install.  It might be a cdr write error, but no error checking available on the livecd.  the live cd doesn't even have a partition editor, which is 80% why they are at all useful to me.  Use the Fedora CD pack, if you skip office apps, you can do an install with CD 1, 2 and 4.  Fedora and RHEL always has that odd package on a random CD during install.

aim: noldrin