[blag-whereto] What do you think of CentOS?

Jason devslashnull at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 5 05:43:39 GMT 2008

This time I'll send to the entire list...

My work uses CentOS on 95% of it's Linux PC's.. observations:

1. CentOS uses the RedHat Linux Kernel.  So we'd have to cut ourselves our own Linux Libre from it.

2. Seems like we'd almost might us well start at the RHEL source level.

3. It's crying out to be cut down to one CD.

4. The EPEL project (Extra Package for Enterprise Linux) would make it more useful.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL

5. BLAG seemed to be moving in direction of my bleeding edge ala BLAGHEAD then enterprise stable

6. Version upgrade every 2 years is closer to my pace

7. It would give a more stable base to work on other projects such as FREEEEE

-noldrin