[blag-whereto] sorting the wiki out

r7 r7 at aktivix.org
Sun Apr 12 14:27:32 BST 2009

hi all

over the last couple of days i've been spending a great deal of time on
our wiki.

erm... it needs work. so here's a few positive things to do.

please look at the following page:

https://blag.wiki.aktivix.org/Rsync_iso

you'll notice the new first section:

https://blag.wiki.aktivix.org/Rsync_iso#blagblagblag.org_URLs_Note

the wiki code for this is as follows:

==blagblagblag.org URLs Note==

This page (probably) contains URLs associated with the
'''blagblagblag.org''' domain which ''may'' not work at the moment. We
apologize and are actively working to sort out these problems. This
notice will be removed when the URL issues are resolved - ~~~~

also note at the bottom of the page:

Category:URL_warning

this brings a couple of things up for me. first, i feel we need to go
through the wiki fairly systematically and start to use categories on
pages to help us sort them out.

in this instance specifically the category URL_warning helps us to group
together all the pages with this category, which is effect a todo list
for us as we sort out our various issues with the blagblagblag.org domain.

please use this code snippet and category tag when you encounter a page
that needs it.

other categories we might use may be:

Category: Trac
  for pages that have a trac ticket attached for some reason

Category: Out_of_date
  obvious

Category: Featured
  again obvious

Category: Developer
  useful pages for developers

and so on. using this is addition to trac tickets gives us the
opportunity to help get the wiki into usable order.

the other issue this brings up is the fact for this to work, we need
folks to spend some time and effort into writing.

for those 'non-techy' folks whole feel lost at the technical discussions
that go on sometimes, here is an opportunity to contribute.

get a trac account, register on the wiki and get editing!

r7
--
r7 [at] aktivix [dot] org