[blag-whereto] BLAG 90K, 100K and the resources that are available

Abdur-Rahman Morgan 21stcenturytechnosapien at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 02:05:39 GMT 2009

HAPPY 2009!

I hope everyone is well and in good spirits. I am writing you all today
 in hopes that we all have been progressing our knowledge in how we can
contribute to the distribution in order to maintain BLAG and GNU Linux.
This e-mail contains mostly questions, ideas and thoughts that I have
had over the past month as I have not been as active as I had hoped, but
after reading a good majority of the forums, all of the blag-whereto
list archive(s) and documents posted in crabgrass and others on the
site, I have the time, energy and resources where I can.

Yesterday, I posted a conversation to Crabgrass pertaining to a
conversation between renilgh,Jaromil and lxo on indymedia. At the end of
the conversation, what I concluded was that our resources need to be
defined in order to understand not only how we will be developing, but
distributing BLAG both online and offline. In sum, if we were at the
point of rolling out updates for 90k or rolling out 100k and actively
maintaing it:

0.How much bandwidth would we need in order to do this successfully?
1.Where and who would be hosting the space?
2.What equipment would be serving those resources primarily and what
resources what would be our back up?
3.Where would major development be taking place in orer to work effectively

These are a few of the first questions that I have at the present
because I do not want to see the resources we have disappear slowly.

As, I had been writing this e-mail in my mind. I thought we might leave
kimsufi up and contribute towards the cost of to ensure that it has the
resources we will be working on. Did jebba pay for all this himself
while he was developing BLAG?

Jayeola, how much would it cost and what type of resources would be
adequate so that we can use it in the next few months to roll any
updates for 90k and use for our next version. Can we just contribute to
you directly for the cost? What is our alternative? What is our back-up
source? I would prefer that we continuing hammering the bandwidth in
order to make the progress that we need, rather than limit/stunt/delay
our accomplishments as we've come far and still have a great deal do.

...as I had been writing this e-mail, noldrin, provided me the the link
to http://wiki.blagblagblag.org/Servers, a nice blueprint that clarifies
 questions 1 and 2...so do we wish to follow the same model and setup
severs similarly or how can we prove upon it, to take into account our
present needs.

What alternatives are possible? I will add some more commentary in the
next day or so, but I await your replies.

Abdur-Rahman Morgan

Resilence | Longevity | Ingenuity