[blag-whereto] Fwd: Fedora 13 bodhi updates cleanup

john maclean jayeola at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 19:19:39 UTC 2010

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com>
Date: 16 April 2010 19:13
Subject: Fedora 13 bodhi updates cleanup
To: devel-announce at lists.fedoraproject.org

We've had a couple of issues with F13 updates where multiple
versions of a package had updates-testing requests filed in
bodhi at once, causing the 'wrong' update to be pushed to
final.

Becuase of this, I'm going through and cleaning out some
of the cases where we have multiple live test updates for
a package so we don't run into this again. Apologies for
any mails you get from bodhi about this.

In the near future, we will re-enable the bodhi auto-obsoletes
code so we won't hit this problem. You can also avoid the
issue by making sure you unpush/delete older updates yourself
when issuing new ones, or by just editing the older update and
changing the package.

Thanks for the understanding,
Bill