[blag-whereto] Back to Action

Abdur-Rahman Morgan arm at tearms.org
Mon Mar 15 14:21:34 UTC 2010

Good Day All,

Last week I struggled with trying to create an Alpha CD using revisor.
That did not go to well. Revisor stuck at trying to configure the CD, so
I moved forward and used the livecd-tools instead. I was successful in
using the livecd-tools to create several live iso's but ran into a
problem with the size of the CD's which all came close to being about
1GB in size. Fortunately, I was able to simply dd the iso onto my flash
drive an viola! I had a live iso with all the applications that were
discussed in the forum. It's my goal this week to have an iso to test
this week to demonstrate how the next release of BLAG will look like
after having fun last week playing with kickstart files, getting
frustrated and just turning off my notebook for two days to think about
how all these tools really work and to adhere to some type of process of
creating a cd that would boot to X, log the user in automatically and
present an option to install. This will not be a reflection of anything
different from the regular F12 CD with some of the applications that
were discussed, but I hope it can be a start to have a solid kickstart
file with the applications we want on a single CD. Some configuration
will be needed to remove Fedora branding and the installation of IceCat
to replace Firefox and the linux-libre kernel to replace the default
fedora kernel and other changed to really blagify F12 to what will
become BLAG's next release. In anycase, I hope that everyone had a good
week and I'll see you all on IRC during the week. Please let me know
what discussions I missed and I'll catch up with you al throughout the week.

tearms