[blag-whereto] Blag Server

Alexandre Oliva lxoliva at fsfla.org
Tue Jun 7 19:15:37 UTC 2011

On Jun  5, 2011, Koko Koala <kokothekoala at gmail.com> wrote:

> My main concern is about the files of the repos, did anyone keep some
> backups of it? And if possible, I'd like to recover my synchronization
> script.

That server is (was?) supposed to contain only backups and temporary
storage (e.g. builds).  The FSF doesn't have backups (they didn't even
have direct access before a week ago).

Bernie suggested extundelete as a last resort, but that will require
switching to a separate root filesystem (just asked him about this
possibility) and changing the current filesystem as little as possible
until the recovery is complete.  I think it's worth a shot, at the very
least to speed up rsyncing stuff up back in place, or, for stuff that
wasn't kept elsewhere, get at least a chance of recovering it.

Down-time would be minimal, just a reboot after creating a copy of the
current root, to use it as the new root.