[blag-whereto] Fw: OpenMedia.ca: Is price-gouging really necessary?

Rudolf Olah omouse at gmail.com
Thu May 26 13:45:21 UTC 2011

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 08:32:26 -0400 (EDT)
From: "OpenMedia.ca" <contact at openmedia.ca>
To: omouse at gmail.com
Subject: Is price-gouging really necessary?

*Price-gouging is unnecessary. Canada needs a plan.*

OpenMedia.ca has just released a thoroughly researched 150-page report [ http://openmedia.ca/plan ] that offers just that and makes an indisputable case against closed, costly communications.

A key takeaway: *there is no technical or economic justification for putting a pay-meter on our Internet use and restricting access to online services of our choice.*

We timed this report launch to coincide with the sitting of the new Parliament. Our community-developed report, titled "Casting an Open Net [ http://openmedia.ca/plan ]", lays out a well-researched plan for bringing about a gouge-free, open, and affordable Internet in Canada.

We've done our homework. Now, as many of us as possible need to send the plan to our MPs and Prime Minister Stephen Harper. *We have a unique opportunity to stop price-gouging.*

*Set the record straight. Send a copy of our report to your MP now.* [ http://openmedia.ca/report ]

This is your report -- run with it!

For the Internet,

Reilly, Steve, Shea, and the OpenMedia.ca Team

"P.S. Many of you in the pro-Internet community made this report possible with your time and contributions - THANK YOU! Our small team can only do rapid response and substantive work with your support. If you want to continue to contribute to our work, you can make a small donation here: http://openmedia.ca/drive"