[blag-whereto] to Junichirô & Veganix

veganix veganix at riseup.net
Sat Nov 9 14:09:21 UTC 2013

Hi Tristan!
Hope you are having a good time in the mountains:-)

If the boot process is faster with a fedora kernel than the freed-ora
one, it sounds like your hardware is missing something on freed-ora, and
possibly looking for non-free. Try installing kernel-libre-firmware if
you haven't already.
Part of the problem could also be related to a different issue: if
installs or changes are made on other partitions or drives, booting
freed-ora/fedora will hang for a while before arriving at login -
probably because the naming/uuid of the other partitions/drives have
changed, and freed-ora/fedora probes for them at boot.

See you soon!

robert (veganix)