[Bristol-artivist] Bristol Stop The War Invitation

jungler munkeeunit at yahoo.co.uk
Sun May 11 14:04:06 BST 2008

Hello,

This is an invitation to subscribe to the Bristol Stop The War Coalition newsletter, and receive our bi-monthly newsletter, and other occasional emails, publicising anti-war events and activities in the Bristol area.

To subscribe to our newsletter, with 3,000+ existing subscribers, send a blank email to the address below and then wait for, and reply to, the confirmation message:

bristolstopthewarcoalition-subscribe at yahoogroups.com

PURPOSE: Bristol Stop The War Coalition was set up in Sept 2001 at the start of George Bush's 'War On Terror'. Since then, we have campaigned against the invasions and occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan.

With the support of the British government, these occupations have killed hundreds of thousands of people, including hundreds of British soldiers. Regardless of the outcome of elections in the USA, or here in Britain, the 'War On Terror' will likely continue to be waged as a 'War Without End'.

We believe that the people of Iraq and Afghanistan have the right to determine their own future without interference from the USA or Britain. We are also opposed to the threats currently being made to attack Iran and the sanctions which are impoverishing the Iranian people.

Under the cloak of the 'War On Terror' our Government has attacked civil liberties at home, effectively criminalising legitimate protest, and created an atmosphere in which the Muslim community lives in fear.

We look forward to receiving your subscription request.

Thanks.