[Campaignforrealdemocracy] Democracy & Full Employment

Robin Smith robinsmith3 at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 4 11:15:21 BST 2009

Dear Mark

May I call on us all to commence by putting aside the politics, until
the economic principles have been agreed upon and made so clear that
even a small child could understand them?

I think this is what you are calling for. But these principles are not
at all clear, I see no agreement nor have I heard any decicions. Is it
possible to proceed with the practicalities and policy (political
decisions) when we do not yet understand the fundamental principles at
stake? Is it not true that if we insist on proceeding from this point
of confusion, discontent and destruction can be the only result short
of a miracle?

I made this point very badly(apologies) at the Festival Hall meeting.
I felt the more vocal members were denying this approach was sound and
that practicalities are foremost.

What am I proposing? I will assert that until the private collection
of the rents of monopoly (land title holders, interest on debt,
cartels, unions, etc) are outlawed by our community, there will always
be a need to supplement the resulting "un-privileged" and impoverished
with benefits, at great cost to society on the whole, and tax free to
the private collectors of these rents. Democracy will be there but
economic survival will come first.

In my limited time here, this is the first time I have seen any
movement with the heart and courage it will take to inspire those with
the real power, the people, to awaken and finally re-establish the
advance of this great society?

Can it be done without starting from points of certainty? The economic
principles that identify the nature of wealth, and the laws of its
production and distribution. That hold the key to justice, peace and
prosperity.

Brgds
Robin.