[Campaignforrealdemocracy] Fwd: [project2012] Re: [allgendergroup] Democracy & Full Employment

frank_bowman at yahoo.co.uk frank_bowman at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Aug 10 13:47:28 BST 2009

Hi mark. Thanks for email. One day i may get to figure out henry georges land tax. But as far as i understand at the moment its just the same theft usury land lord system - community protection money. There is ignorance of land soil succesion,as poor land is not, as poor land grows soil from the air and the life that falls upon it that is eaten and cacked out to form soil. I shall reply with better email later. Only thing i will add is that for 5 to 10,000 years, people have been subject to their right to life,the land,taken from them,unless they can make it pay the dollar to the landlord. We already have rights to it for free without paying anyone one iota. But in thousands years no-one has succeeded. It is the origin of the romany gypsies.. Im saying more than that. Im saying if the only way is to buy it,then buy it and free it,while carrying on for another 5 to 10,000 years campaigning to have it as a free birthright. Xfrank

Mark Barrett wrote:
> Hi Frank
> Thanks for the reply. In response to the question of how this relates
> to feminism, I would agree with your broad points about 'nurturing'
> being an archetypal (admittedly stereotyped) feminist quality, and
> therefore a society that nurtures the best in us, allowing us to do
> the work we are born to do (rather than what the market co-erces us to
> do) would be a feminist one, or a non-patriarchal one (where
> competivity is the - again, stereotypical, masculine quality).
> Obviously a world built the logic of 'compete and win, or be "a loser"
> ' - whatever we chose to call it in terms of classification, is of the
> latter kind, and therefore patriarchy in this sense is still in
> operation.
> Personally, again harking back to the very real role of many women of
> both the competitive and co-operative kind (as mothers) I would like
> to see the core of feminism embrace the core truth "it takes a village
> to bring up a child" which seems to me to be the fem principle par
> excellence and the place where lots of ideologies - including,
> essentially, real democracy - and therefore potentially campaigners -
> can  achieve singularity.
> On a more practical note, for those not on the Project 2012 list,
> below my mail is Dave Wetzel's response to your post. A link to more
> info about collection of economic rent (LVT or land value tax) can be
> found at www.labourland.org
> Mark
> PS my view is that in order to reconcile these two view points, we
> need to campaign for the right to develop a parallel democratic
> economy, one in which serious people are empowered - with state
> finance and incentives, aswell as new political structures - to do the
> very necessary work on these issues in the communities we inhabit.
> Hence the suggestion about redirecting benefits. Our society now
> workships excess, triviality, gain and fame.
> Another people exist - as they have always existed - who would like to
> challenge that way of doing things. At the moment they are
> marginalised because of the enormous, seeingly invincible,
> institutionalised forces at work but that energy, once tapped in a
> concerted, visible fashion would be mighty indeed. So maybe a judo
> throw is what is necessary..

 will be lots of questions about how this will work in practice, which is why I am posting about it now, but for me the huge benefit (sic) in this is that it will allow state expenditure to be directed towards the development of locally based creativity, community fabric building, green jobs, real democracy, individual and collective entrepreneurialship, and a re-embrace of the dignity of work. It will also allow people to wean themselves off benefits as they develop new skills, improved CVs, greater self assertion and confidence, not to mention the huge health benefits in terms of tackling isolation, depression, social breakdown at the root. It will get people off their backsides but not Tebbit "On Yer Bike" style, rather Rumi "Let the beauty that we love be what we do"..