[Campaignforrealdemocracy] Request to use Ning site

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 16 22:17:51 BST 2009

Dear Project 2012 (& CRD)

For those concerned about the democracy and civil rights angle getting lost
in the mix, pls note I will updating the URL
http://21stcenturynetwork.ning.com/group/CivilRights now renamed Campaign
for Real Democracy with a great deal of the content of our discussions since
January over the course of August. *Please do register on this site* so we
can get the numbers up. If you would like to start contributing to it now,
great if you feel so moved, or perhaps later. Ideally over time we will turn
it into a visible work space for CRD in which our discussions can perhaps
enjoy a more public face. This would be very helpful in the coalition
building part of this!  All in all the 21st Century Network provides us with
a great opportunity, possible in conjunction with the people who've
published the preliminary document *A Sustainable Economy for London** and
who have expressed an interest in this pursuit which we might term a draft
'real democracy manifesto', to push the case for a *decentralised, direct
democratic & community focused political economy* to a wider audience. Sorry
I know that's a bloody mouthful!

You can see the aforementioned document at
http://www.brooklyndhurst.co.uk/media/A%20Sustainable%20Economy%20for%20London%20-%20Final%20June%202009%20version.pdf

Finally I'd like to draw your attention to a blog with vision of one of our
members: www.sallyallypally.wordpress.com/
Nice one!

Cheers
Mark