[Campaignforrealdemocracy] Last Night's Meeting

Tim Jones tim.dalinian.jones at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 10 06:54:51 BST 2009

*Hi Comrades,*

@Mark: Thanks for scribing this. Double-thumbs up plus sparkling from me,
with one minor caveat, that mention of “local parliaments”. Earlier that day
I wrote:

*(1) One minor caveat – in para 3, Chris Knight writes:

> • “As an umbrella uniting multiple ideological strands, we view ourselves
> as a direct action working class Parliament.”
>
> While I understand the superficial utility of appealing to a term folk
> already know, I’m dead against portraying ourselves in terms of the
> out-dated, corrupt, and politically bankrupt capitalist state institutions
> it is our historic task to destroy – and replace with something way better.
> In 1649, the revolutionary Parliament destroyed the Divine Right of Kings on
> which the ruling class power of the feudal aristocracy was founded, and
> created a Commonwealth – it didn’t regard itself as “a direct action
> merchant class Aristocracy” (and if it had, the tasks of the recruiting
> sergeants of the New Model Army would have been CONSIDERABLY more difficult!
> ;-).  So today, I argue that we do NOT want to sully ourselves with filthy
> dirty rotten institutions of the Ancien Régime, nor pre-empt the naming of
> the C21 analogues of the soviets.  So I recommend we recast just this one
> sentence like this:
>
> • “As an umbrella uniting multiple ideological strands, we view ourselves
> as a direct action working class governing-assembly-in-the-making, a direct
> challenger and rival to Parliament.”*
>
> Source: thelabourparty.pbworks.com/Why 'THE Labour Party' – what's in a
> name<http://thelabourparty.pbworks.com/Why-%27THE-Labour-Party%27-%E2%80%93-what%27s-in-a-name>

As above, so below – starting from the bottom up, I'd hope the tasks CRD
carries out will help bring into being the local grassroots C21 analogues of
the soviets, by which we supplant the local capitalist state institutions.

Since your mention of “local parliaments” comes in a [parenthesised comment]
it’s no biggy, but given Mon’s discussion of the terms we use in CRD
discourse, I think it’s important to get off to a good start by ditching
“parliament”.

*Up the Revolution,

Peace & Love,

Tim Dalinian Jones   x  x*
*Dancing on the Grave of New Labour – A Meltdown Flashmob
*• Celebrate the utter & total demise of New Labour on the night of Gordon
Brown’s resignation
• Location: Labour Party HQ, 39 Victoria Street, London SW1H 0HA
• Occasion: Gordon Brown’s announcement that he is resigning as Leader of
the Labour Party
• Duration: 18:00-20:00 on the evening of the announcement (if news breaks
<= 15:00)
» Facebook Event Page: www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=93290466485
    __o     tim.dalinian.jones [at] gmail.com
 _ \<,_     07 834 076 983 – mobile/voicemail/text/MMS
tinyurl.com/IMC-LDN-dalinian
en.internationalism.org