[Campaignforrealdemocracy] draft statement

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 11 19:36:12 BST 2009

Hi I've not had time to respond to the statement, but thought I should
mention I've booked the Guernica space for the 16th July,
provisionally for a pre-sponsorship Localists' Union meeting. I know
some probably some can't make it, but does that sound ok, or are there
any major clashes I should be aware of? Mark

2009/6/11 Dave  Mellows <dave.mellows at virgin.net>:
> I like this, James.  The initial paragraph is simple and clear.  As well as
> helping existing communities, it would be good also to help potential groups
> to get started.
>
> Dave
>

> On 10/6/09 22:19, "james holland" <james at dogmanet.org> wrote:
>
>> comments please!
>>

>> Real democracy means, at the minimum, completely open community based
>> decision making run broadly on consensus principles having the final say
>> on everything that happens in that community
>>

>> a few notes
>>
>> what is a community - communities define themsleves and can be virtual
>> as well as real, people can be part of many communities but it is up to
>> communities themsleves how they define membership and what rights
>> different kinds of members might have (e.g. only residents have a right
>> to block proposals). However, The CRD will focus on helping small
>> geographical based communities where there are disputes between members
>> of the community and current governing institutions to define
>> themselves, increase participation / legitimacy use that to resist
>> unwelcome activity and take postive actions for the benefit of the
>> communities.
>>

>> James Holland
>>
>> http://risingclevel.blogspot.com/

"We hear men speaking for us of new laws strong and sweet /Yet is
there no man speaketh as we speak in the street.”