[Campaignforrealdemocracy] Real Democracy Meeting - 7pm on Monday June 8th

james holland james at dogmanet.org
Thu May 28 11:20:52 BST 2009

A new group with working title Campaign for Real Democracy (CRD) will be
holding its first meeting at 7pm on Monday June 8th in the Royal
Festival Hall foyer. CRD's basic aim is to strengthen the network of
people interested in direct democratic decision-making in their local area.

Come to this meeting if:

1. You think there are a few people in your area who might want to run
their own affairs in a really democratic way (for convenience we're
defining 'local area' using council wards -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wards_in_Greater_London
2 .You've experienced something you think is real democracy-in-action
(in organisations like the climate camp) and want to see it spread
3. You'd like to see your area become democratic but don't really know
anyone else that thinks the same or even what real democracy might look
like.

The meeting on 8th June will be held on the ground floor of the Main RFH
foyer. To let us know you're coming, or for more info about the project,
pls email crdlondon at gmail.com or simply show up on the 8th and look out
for us. We'll be near a blank, white placard so you can find us easily.
Any problems, call 0785 439 0408.

RFH location details:
http://www.southbankcentre.co.uk/visiting-us/royal-festival-hall
RFH Map:
http://www.southbankcentre.co.uk/assets/40D208FF-17A4-F7CE-BF7843582F3BF729.pdf
Nearest tube/train: Waterloo, Embankment or Charing Cross

Hope to see you there!
--

James Holland

http://risingclevel.blogspot.com/