[Campaignforrealdemocracy] [eg-all] Welcome...

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 6 06:02:10 GMT 2009

Hi there James, Tabitha et Al

And hi to Yodet! who I know from past campaign work.

James and I met at a Peace not War Event at Passing Clouds in Dalston and I
wanted to mention that on the eve of 25th November there will be a follow
up at the same venue.

One the night there will be a CRD (Campaign for Real Democracy)
presentation, circle discussion and debate, plus fliers which we hope people
will want to take to their local groups and communities but also, from your
point of view there is the opportunity possiblty for your campaign work
& any films / other art you've got to be shown, so please contact Archie and
Rob (cc/d) at the above addresses to work out some more details of this if
you are interested.

Aswell as Peace FM crew, I've also cc/d this in to Hicham Yezza and Musab
Younis who write and edit Ceasefire magazine as I thought they might be
interested in this event too. Hi guys - why not come along on the 25th with
some magazines and info?

I've also cc/d Project 2012 and CRD lists so that they can put the date in
their diaries, and also because the PnW need volunteers to help out on the
door, behind the bar etc so please get in touch to show your interest and
support!

Ceasefire Mag http://ceasefiremagazine.co.uk/
Egality Now - www.egalitynow.org

Last night we had a good planning meeting about a real democracy event for
Feb / March and a follow on direct action campaign around the general
election, so consider all this good preparation. As you'll see Egality Now
has an interesting global line on the election so let's do our bit to cover
the local angle on it too. Personally, I suggest democracy picnics at Town
Halls across London, with some secret elements built in that we'll have to
plan for more in person.

Best wishes and, Egality Now thanks for putting me on your list

Mark

2009/11/5 James Sadri <jamessadri at googlemail.com>

> Hi everyone,
>
> Just to say I've added three new people to the main list:
>
> Mark Barrett who is very active in the Campaign for Real Democracy and 21st
> Century Network (see more at http://www.meetup.com/21stCenturyNetwork/ and
> http://peopleincommon.org). He's keen on local sovereignty and building
> democracy from the local up to the global level.
>
> Yodet Gherez who is an artist and activist doing working on Palestinian
> rights, has recently formed a feminist action group and is involved with the
> Whitechapel anarchists.
>
> Adam Elliott-Cooper is currently doing his master's at SOAS but is student
> president of War on Want and is working with Kofi Mawuli Klu and PRYPAC's
> Africlimate programme. He also writes for Ceasefire magazine and hosts a
> weekly radio show on Africa radio.
>
> Apologies - I've probably got your intros all wrong. But just to say
> welcome and hope to see you at one of our Monday meetings.
>
> Jx

"We hear men speaking for us of new laws strong and sweet /Yet is there no
man speaketh as we speak in the street.”