[Campaignforrealdemocracy] Fwd: [crosscultural-18] Civil Society Meetup on October 15th

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 28 09:35:15 BST 2009

 On *October 15th* we are holding a meetup in the House of Commons on “*The
Real Third Way – Civil Society and Its Independence*.” In this meeting we
want to discuss the importance and role of the voluntary sector in the 21st
century and the pressures it is under to conform to the state through
commissioning and targeting.

You can find out more and register here
…<http://www.meetup.com/21stCenturyNetwork/calendar/9603341/>

The meeting is full and there is a small waiting list but if you are still
interested the list is small enough to probably get you a place if you book
quickly. We have some interesting speakers.
*
The Rt Hon Alun Michael MP* who has held many posts in the last 10 years
including Minister of State, Home Office and was also in charge of local
government and community affairs.

*Steve Johnson* is Chief Executive of AdviceUK - the UK's largest support
network for free, independent advice centres.

*Stuart Etherington* was appointed Chief Executive of NCVO in 1994.
Throughout his career he has been involved in the leadership of voluntary
organisations and policies surrounding them.

*Kevin Curley* is Executive of the National Association for Voluntary and
Community Action (NAVCA, formerly NACVS).

So book early if you have not already done so and you wish to get a place.

Best wishes,

Francis