[Campaignforrealdemocracy] Dear CRD / Saturday Invitation

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 18 13:53:07 UTC 2010

  Dear Campaign for Real Democracy

Here is some info on our forthcoming Saturday meeting in Westminster.
Would be great to have some of you down there. One idea that was proposed
this week was that we make the Saturday sessions in Westminster into a
regular London based CRD meeting, so this could be a good way to get the
ball rolling on that too..

*This Saturday at 1pm *there will be a Democracy Village Peoples Assembly
meeting in Victoria Tower Gardens, to discuss the future of democracy and
start the process of organising a grassroots Democracy Rally in October.

We want to link our recent campaign (in which Parliament Square was
successfully occupied for three months by Democracy Village) with other
libertarian campaigns for community and democracy. And we want to consider
together how best these campaigns can work together, and how if at all they
can relate to the forthcoming government cuts to public services and the
need to build a democratic resistance in response.

We should therefore like to invite you and members of any relevant groups
you belong to come and share about your work, help plan the
rally, and perhaps co-sponsor and participate on the day.

Please kindly forward this invitation to your contacts, and we hope to see
you on Saturday!

*Peoples Assembly on the Future of Democracy - Speakers Welcome*
1pm Saturday August 21st
Victoria Tower Gardens - Westminster
Westminster / St James Park Tube
Map ref:
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place?cid=242875860457998317&q=victoria+tower+gardens&gl=uk
Please bring food to share (unless you're fasting) and an umbrella.

We hope to arrange a makeshift wet weather cover for the Peoples Assembly,
alternatively we may move to the nearby Central Methodist Hall Basement
Cafe. Feel free to text or call on the day if you can't find us: 0785 439
0408

Best wishes

Mark Barrett