[Campaignforrealdemocracy] This Weekend | Peoples' Assembly Planning

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 24 07:49:29 UTC 2010

        Hi Everyone

Consensus is that it's time to create a fresh space for discussion around
the PA idea, basically so it can be allowed to emerge free of
concerns/baggage relating to all other stuff being organised already.

I think this approach fits best with the diversity of tactics ideal, and to
avoid people being forced into a grouping with a politics and message they
feel uncomfortable with. There's obviously room for lots of complementary
work this year, but we need a non-aligned space to make this happen.

So, please forward the text below to your various networks and let's get the
People Assembly on the road!

Mark

 This weekend you are invited to a* **PEOPLES' ASSEMBLY* discussion and
planning meeting.

Pls forward this to friends, colleagues and comrades.
**
*Draft Agenda *

During election year, how are we to reclaim the commons using the Peoples'
Assembly ideal?
What are the practicalities of this, and what are our politics?
What is the relationship between the Peoples' Assembly and other social
movements in the UK and elsewhere?

Sat Feb 27th 3pm - 7pm
Sun Feb 28th 3pm-7pm

The Foundry