[Campaignforrealdemocracy] Peoples Assemblies Everywhere Fwd: [climate09-int] Video: The People's Assembly

info info at thepeoplespalace.org.uk
Wed Jan 6 15:58:34 UTC 2010

On the note of celebrity culture taking a stronger hold, I don't think
there is any harm in that, just as long as the celebrities themselves
take responsibility for supporting a global movement for change.

I am now working on getting a city festival at Alexandra Palace and
speaking with influential PRs who have contacts with Harvey Goldsmith
and Sting (and more). My thoughts are that we are all increasingly
aware that the government are not responsible. The next step then is to
realise that we are.

The younger generations have no interest in political parties because
they just do not work. We need to get to some middle ground, leveraging
the power of celebrity culture into the spotlight of The Peoples New
World Order. Taking the intelligent progressive tactics held by groups
such as CRD and blending it with something celebratory not accusatory
that captures the hearts of even the most apathetic.

Changing the dream is something that has been popping into my head (and
out of my mouth) lots of late. That's all we need to do. Stop fighting
and directing our attention at what doesn't work. Stop heading down the
road towards individual monetary gain which is the biggest illusion we
face and start dreaming instead about what we can do together. That is
the new dream and money is simply a tool.