[Campaignforrealdemocracy] CRD 16th Jan? Fwd: [project2012] + Update

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 8 21:54:23 UTC 2010

Sorry in that last message the link for 'The People Speak' should have
read http://theps.net not as previously stated
Also, Rob happy to work out a possible public debate on "revolutionary
philosophy and technique" for 16th Jan but it clashed with Climate
Camp London gathering /planning. Will see what's possible - James, any
thoughts on this? Mark

> the w2010/1/8 Mark Barrett <marknbarrett at googlemail.com>:
> Hi Everyone
>
> James, thanks for the CRD update (see below my email).
>
> Also, this just rec/d on the 2012 list
>
> FWD ////....[ad: revolutionation xv at passing clouds, sat 16th jan
> 2010 midday till the next day, films debates music, CRD warmly invited
> to produce orking title]........public debate on "revolutionary philosophy and technique"
>
> I plan to attend the London Climate Camp gathering that w/e but not
> sure what times I'd be able to get away for this? James could we maybe
> go down together and do a slot at PC? Maybe with some other CRD
> people.. ? And even maybe pull in a few other Climate Campers?
>
> Also, everyone else I just put this together yesterday for the 21st
> Century Network newsletter, and thought it might be of interest
>
> Within 3 months as part of CRD I hope to:
>
> 1. Achieve regular video livestreamed CRD meetings at a central London
> venue and/or be holding regular 21stC Network CRD webinars
> 2. Help mobilise a reasonable joined up coalition in response to the
> coming General Election and strategically towards London in 2012
> 3. Develop a possible CRD inspired manifesto further, consulting with
> other groups on it and presenting it on-line in video and/or other
> formats
> 4. Co-convene CRD meetings with other groups to build understanding and capacity
>
>  Action plan to do this:
>
> 1. Invite CRD people to attend 'The People Speak' http://theps.net monthly
> training session in Hackney on the eve of 27th January, and to secure
> a venue in central London for 'televised' regular meetings
> 2. Convene a two-day election mobilisation / movement building meeting
> on Saturday and Sunday Jan 30th/31st
> at the Foundry 3pm - 7pm (near Old Street tube station) 80 Great
> Eastern Street, London, EC2A 3JL‎‎
> http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=51.526301,-0.083771&num=1&sll=51.526748,-0.083588&sspn=0.002496,0.010375&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=51.526248,-0.083685&spn=0.002663,0.010375&z=17
> All welcome
> 3. This is an ongoing project, email crdlondon at gmail.com for more info
> 4. With CRD's Matt Scott and his networks including The Community
> Sector Coalition (CSC) co-convened meeting at UCL on Feb 20th to
> connect CRD with the voluntary 'third sector' about real democracy and
> local environmentalism, and we're looking for other opportunities to
> do the same with other groups. See
> http://groups.google.co.uk/group/project2012/web/CRD_CSC_CDNL__Flyer_Feb_20th_20091%5B1%5D.doc
>
> Also within six months I hope to:
>
> Hold a 21st Century Meet Up to follow on from earlier 'Real Third Way'
> and the Right to the City and CRD meet ups, around the questions: how
> best are we to empower civil society in accordance with the principles
> of CRD to ensure gains 'equality of arms' with the state and the
> market? and what are the historic, British / EU constitutional
> [...]

"We hear men speaking for us of new laws strong and sweet /Yet is
there no man speaketh as we speak in the street.”