[Campaignforrealdemocracy] Election Mob RED ALERT Possible Important HACKNEY Meetings 9th March and 14th March

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 2 20:42:57 UTC 2010

  all on standby for hackney meeting eve of tues 9th march please:

*re peoples assembly possibility in hackney*

for everyone's info, at the moment the election meltdown peoples assembly
working group are committed to writing an inclusive peoples assembly call
out, for use in the run up to the election. this should be done by the
middle or end of this week.

one idea is that this be drafted in such a way that it could go out
generally to community groups around the country, to maybe inspire them to
act, but at the same time if hackney solidarity network (HSN) are up for it
we can really go for it with them so people elsewhere can see what's
involved. southwark people are also interested (thanks for messages rachael
and lili), which is great so maybe after one in hackney there could be
another one in southwark, and then from there on to parliament square!

basic concept of call out would be to invite people to come together
pre-election to consider the many local issues, but also to make the link
between these and the wider (eg national and global) struggles. and would be
great to have artistic input on this too so space girl and co please take
note. date for peoples' assembly would probably be sunday april 4th,  or
sunday march 28th 2-5pm

there is also date of sunday 14th march which is HSN film night where
shaun's film on peoples' assembly will be shown at MOTH club Hackney

mark
(more info on all this below)