[Campaignforrealdemocracy] Fwd: Assembly meeting - 25th March

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 17 13:09:44 UTC 2010

      <http://t.ymlp90.com/bsbakamubalabshqalajhm/click.php>
  *It’s about power, stupid!*
 *Plenty of opportunities to make your mark on our new bloggy-friendly
website*
  <http://t.ymlp90.com/bshalamubatabshqalajhm/click.php>*
www.independentaction.net<http://t.ymlp90.com/bshalamubatabshqalajhm/click.php>
*
 * *
Dear everyone,
 Here's the agenda for our upcoming Assembly meeting; also attached is a
first draft of a campaign statement about supporting community groups and
community action. The discussion on the 25th will shape the next version of
this statement and, in particular, the work of the Coalition in this area.

*
NCIA Assembly Meeting
Thursday 25th March 1-4.30pm
At

Canterbury Hall, 12-18 Cartwright Gardens, London WC1H 9EF

Supporting Community Groups and Community Action
 AGENDA

1pm                           Arrivals and tea/coffee

1.15pm                      Round of introductions and an outline of the
event

1.30pm                      Framing the discussion – what are we talking
about? The ‘landscape’ of community groups and community action; the state
of the sector; upcoming issues and pressures; mobilising an effective
response (Matt Scott from the Community Sector Coalition will introduce
these themes)

2pm                           Break into small groups – Getting a handle on
the situation now. In the face of current circumstances, what are the
opportunities for, and the threats to, defending and promoting community
action?

2.45pm                      Quick report back

3pm                           Break

3.15pm                      Small groups again - NCIA’s response – what
should our intentions be? How can we build a constituency and mandate for
our work in this area? How can we review our progress and revise our
approach?

4pm                           Report back and next steps

4.30pm                      Finish

*