[Campaignforrealdemocracy] URGENT: Solidarity with the people of Thailand - 20th May

Justin Baidoo-Hackman justin.baidoo at yahoo.co.uk
Tue May 18 11:06:10 UTC 2010

Hi guys,

I need your help ASAP, a friend (anti-sweatshop/labour rights campaigner)
who is Thai, has personally asked me to organise a UK demonstration in
solidarity with the people of Thailand.

She wants me to organise a solidarity demonstration either at UN office or
at the UK Government on Thursday 20th May.

I couldn't promise that I will do it but I want to know if you can help, as
the situation in Bangkok is dire. According to the Thai government figures
since 10th April 65 people have been killed. However Lek believes the real
figure is much higher as there has been lots of indiscriminate shooting of
live rounds by the Thai Army. If last year had a green revolution against
the Iranian government and against the Gaza bombings, let's show our
solidarity for the people of Thailand.

I need you to do three things:

1. Please join the Thai Solidarity Facebook Group:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Solidarity-for-Thailand/120794617952386

2. Say that you are coming to the demonstration which I've planned to have
at the Thai Embassy, Mayfair, London:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=123986224287410

3. Spread the word, we have just over 48 hours to get this going!

In solidarity

P.S. For more info on the campaign read: http://tmponline.org/YQ