[Campaignforrealdemocracy] CRD Supporters | Wed 2nd June @ Parliament Square ?

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Mon May 31 08:25:34 UTC 2010

 Dear A World to Win, Campaign for Real Democracy & Campaign for a 21st
Century Constitution (C421) People

I was just down in Parliament Square (which is looking really good btw)
and some of us were talking about the window of opportunity between now and
Thursday (possible eviction / court hearing with GLA who are perhaps not
really up for a fight) and then on from there.

I've been so busy with everything at the moment but managed to dash off an
(admittedly poor) letter to the Village which I've attached. As you'll see
if you can find time to read it I suggest therein that in order to build the
revolutionary centre the Village should invite AWTW (and various other
groups) to the Camp to do workshops and then develop a manifesto of some
kind. I suggest the 1st of these should be with AWTW and others of like mind
on the future of the Constitution.

Thankfully at least one key person down at the Square (Dan) is into the idea
of a written constitution and another (Chris) strongly believes that
whenever a Peoples Assembly is convened it needs to legislate. So I thought
why not combine the two on the eve of the court hearing, call a PA /
Workshop on the future of the Constitution, hold a meeting and at least
start the ball rolling in writing a new constitution for Peoples Sovereignty
above Parliament?

So, would you be up for doing a workshop with me this Wed evening, say from
6pm so we can help the revolutionaries in the square convert ideas we put
forward into orders for the state to carry out on the
peoples' behalf? Without too much fuss I'm sure they could at least
feel ok about putting together the ideas for decentralised community
sovereignty, an English Parliament and the sunset clause we discussed in
2006 and we could build on that say at a meeting a week later.

What do you think - are any of you free / up for it?

Life Liberty & the Cultivation of Wisdom!!

Love

Mark