[Campaignforrealdemocracy] International Assembly - Planning Meeting | Tues May 3rd

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 30 16:48:41 UTC 2011

Those of you who attended the Edu-Factory meeting in February in Paris (at
which we came up with the name for the 'Knowledge Liberation Front' network)
will remember that London was proposed as a place for the next meeting this
summer.
http://www.edu-factory.org/wp/common-statement/

Let's get together to decide what we want to do and who wants to be
involved.
Come to a first open organising meeting on:
Tuesday, May 3rd 2011, 7pm, Room 4.08 (Francis Bancroft Building), Queen
Mary University.
http://www.qmul.ac.uk/about/howtofindus/mileend/index.html
at it we will:

* Decide why to host this meeting in London
i.e. could this add energy/focus to Education and other movements here?

* Decide whether we have the ability to do it given what people have planned
in the coming months.

If we decide to go ahead, then we could:

* Reflect on the Paris meeting (what worked what didn't, what we'd replicate
what we'd ditch)

* Think about what we would like a London convergence to look like? (general
goals)

* Talk about how we'd like to organise ourselves i.e. who should be
involved/what processes of communication, what kind of facilitation, what
hierarchies we hope not to replicate out of habit etc.

* Talk about possible dates and locations (bring your diaries)

* Think about what we need and need to do to make this thing happen!

Circulate to anyone you think should be at this meeting!
Please email lndnmeeting at gmail.com with any queries or suggestions.