[Campaignforrealdemocracy] Fwd: The alternative to cuts etc / the future of new cross

James Holland james at dogmanet.org
Tue Feb 22 22:48:07 UTC 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: James Holland <james at dogmanet.org>
Date: Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 10:02 AM
Subject: The alternative to cuts etc / the future of new cross
To: people-before-private-profit at googlegroups.com, Laca Lists <
laca at lists.aktivix.org>

You know that we're often asked "what's your alternative" at the moment its
pretty much 'tax the bankers' which is a good start, but I've been wanting
to add something to it about getting people to come together to discuss, and
decide things for themselves, and the great thing is that we can actually
make this one happen.

It was originally an idea to conduct a 'real consultation' but it's
developed into much more than that - the process of discussing alternatives
directly with each other and then putting them into practice ourselves seems
to me to be a pretty good starting point for improving democracy, as well as
probably coming up with a better plan than that currently being employed.

The process begins now with publicity and discussions on the blog before a
series of public meetings starting on April 11th at All Saints community
centre.

I hope you might want to mention it as an example of a positive alternative
in publicity materials and interviews etc and also get involved in you live
in se14 (or nearby) or think about starting something similar in your area.

http://thefutureofnewcross.wordpress.com

http://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?sk=group_198418413518013