[Campaignforrealdemocracy] Fwd: 19J TAKE THE STREETS!! 6p.m. Trafalgar Square. Express your rejection to the Euro Pact.

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 14 14:05:09 UTC 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: 15M Asamblea Londres External Communication

Dear activists,

Here is a call for a Global Day of Action on the 19th of June to show our
politicians and bankers our total rejection to major socioeconomic daylight
robbery of an international scope: the so-called Euro Pact, by which
the *politicians
of the European Union agree to legislate the orders of the International
Monetary Fund (IMF), European Central Bank (ECB) and the World Bank (WB)*.

We  consider that as a new attack on democracy ONCE AGAIN. So let´s show our
politicians and bankers how strongly we are against this neoliberal measure.

On June 19th, 15M London Assembly will take part in the call against the
Euro Pact – Trafalgar Square, 6pm - alongside other UK 15M platforms
(Brighton, Manchester, Cambridge, etc.) as well as other social movements
both British and European .

* So please send the message forward and join us!!! *

ESTHER

REASONS:

NO TO THE EURO PACT: We are not goods in the hands of politicians and
bankers.

The EURO PACT: New attack on democracy ONCE AGAIN.

ONCE AGAIN, the EU leaders endorse a policy misleading the public to the
benefit of large financial corporations, instead of defending the citizens.

On 27th June, all European governments (eurozone), including that of Spain,
will sign in Brussels a major socioeconomic daylight robbery of an
international scope: the so-called Euro Pact, by which the politicians of
the European Union agree to legislate the orders of the International
Monetary Fund (IMF), European Central Bank (ECB) and the World Bank (WB).

Failure to comply with these orders means, the rating agencies that have led
Greece, Ireland and Portugal to the ruins (Moody's, Standard & Poor's, and
Fitch) will resume their attacks.

WHAT DO THEY SIGN WHEN THEY RATIFY THE EURO PACT?

- The public sector salaries should be consistent with the competitiveness
of the private sector, WHICH MEANS: further cuts in the public sector as it
must offer the same benefits as the private sector´s derisory wages and
increasing working hours. Including a sharp cut in the numbers of public
employees.

- Therefore all countries should adjust their laws to the dictates of the
banks, WHICH MEANS governments are ONCE AGAIN not legislating for the
protection and interests of citizens but in the favour of large banking
corporations and the markets.

- The retirement age will be delayed in all the countries in accordance with
life expectancy.

- Enhancing competitiveness: linking wages to productivity, just like what
has already been done in Spain with the latest labour reform which calls for
more flexible redundancy laws, more flexible labour agreements and more
flexible contracts, thus endangering the current system of collective
negotiation of labour laws.

- To foster cheap lay-offs and Temporary Employment Agencies (TEA). The
banks will lower the financial strains to encourage the hiring of workers,
and in doing so will demolish the Social Security system and will be
introducing the figure of "the perpetual intern and the perpetual precarious
worker”.

- The freezing of all pensions.

- Reduction of social benefits.

- Reduction of the social protection systems, worsening the Social Security
system.

- Reduction of spending on education, resulting in poorer results, which are
conditions that favour and promote its ultimate privatisation.

- Increased direct and indirect taxes for citizens, small and medium
businesses and penalties for not complying with the payment of these taxes
through fines, interest, fees, etc.

- Changes to our constitution and that of the signatory countries with the
aim of "adjusting the economy within the parameters of the IMF, ECB and
World Bank” resulting in the loss of sovereignty of the people.

ONCE AGAIN, governments do not use political power to legislate and to stop
the provokers of the crisis and international banks and large hedge funds,
for example, stepping in against financial corporations. Instead, with the
signing of the Pact of the Euro scheduled for June 27, will strengthen the
large financial corporations and adopt policies that are of interest to
banks and large European companies. As if we hadn´t had enough, all
governments independently of their political colour, will sign this
agreement to commit to large financial corporations and thus, as ever,
sacrifice the citizens ONCE AGAIN, enabling the financiers to continue
defrauding the world using financial products that are as sophisticated as
they are risky and fraudulent, and permitting bank usury.

Using the deception that to deal with the debt crisis that grips Europe,
increasing the competitiveness of national economies can only be achieved by
reducing labour costs ... ONCE AGAIN.

Still no mention of intervention in tax havens where the great fortunes rest
or making laws against tax evasion. Still no talk of taxing financial
transactions, regulating rating agencies, etc. Still no mention of measures
against unemployment and in favour of social welfare.

Still there is no consideration for a public and independent audit of the
public debt in order to enable citizens to know what the debt really is and
what part of it actually corresponds to the banks and private equity funds
which according to the data we have constitutes most of the PUBLIC DEBT.

ONCE AGAIN, we are served the impoverishment of society on a platter in
benefit of expanding the great fortunes and accentuating the social divide.

In this way, the historical record of the profits of large financial
corporations are ONCE AGAINenlarged even more, the record high salaries of
CEOs and executives will increase even more, and thus we reach record levels
of poverty and unemployment.

The difficulty of accessing this information is due to the lack of political
transparency and the fear that ALL OF EUROPE will TAKE THE STREET.

THERE ARE REASONS; ONCE AGAIN, TAKE THE STREET

--
Apathy is Dead !
http://www.flickr.com/photos/solarider/5254770064/#/photos/solarider/5254770064/lightbox/