[Campaignforrealdemocracy] People's Assembly TMRW Lambeth 12noon - 4pm

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Fri May 20 15:15:30 UTC 2011

Come along and help us make the case for Permanent People's Assemblies and
to join the cause in the UK to that in Spain, North Africa and beyond.

Real Democracy Now!

http://www.peoplesassemblies.org/2011/04/lambeth-peoples-assembly-may-21/
 Lambeth People’s Assembly May
21<http://www.peoplesassemblies.org/2011/04/lambeth-peoples-assembly-may-21/>
04.21.2011 · Posted in London People's
Assemblies<http://www.peoplesassemblies.org/category/communities/europe/london-peoples-assemblies/>,
Meetings <http://www.peoplesassemblies.org/category/communities/meetings/>,
Peoples
Assemblies News<http://www.peoplesassemblies.org/category/peoplesassembliesnews/>
· Edit<http://www.peoplesassemblies.org/wp-admin/post.php?post=530&action=edit>
 “A Lambeth Peoples Assembly Against the Cuts”

‘Lambeth Save Our Services’ has called a peoples assembly as part of the
campaign to fight the cuts to services in Lambeth. Our libraries, schools,
NHS services, parks, old people’s provision and much more are under threat
of the axe.

Local people are fighting back. The Lambeth Peoples Assembly will be both a
festival of resistance and an organising centre to exchange experience and
plan for action.

***Speakers***: John McDonnell MP, Gill George, Speech and Language
Therapist (UNITE executive/Health Sector), Ruth Cashman, local
librarian/UNISON, Ted Knight (former leader Lambeth Council), tenants and
pensioner organisations, Smiley Culture campaign.

***Workshops include***: NHS/Disability benefit cuts, save our
Libraries/Parks, public housing under attack, pensioners fight back.

Entertainment, steel bands, comedian’s against the cuts, poster and banner
making, local campaign stalls and much more.
Come and join us on:

Saturday 21st May, 12.00-4.00pm
At Lambeth Town Hall
Assembly Hall, Acre Lane, London SW2