[Campaignforrealdemocracy] Parliament Square and Real Democracy Now

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Sun May 22 13:09:28 UTC 2011

Please note that the Spanish Democracy Camps and manifestations around
the world (640 plus and counting) are working so well because they
have a no-alcohol and no drugs policy. Also, spokespeople do not go
off on a personal ego or single political issue tangent, they stick to
the systemic critique rhetoric, and positivity around the call for
Real Democracy Now and the points made in the Real Democracy Now
Manifesto. Also they do not allow organisational or other flags from
already established campaigns - all the signs are hand-made and
personal and relating to systemic critiques and the desire for new
sovereignty. Blank flags and banners have been used and are welcome.
If we are to re-take the Square,  given the fences, past history and
baggage of peace Campaign and strike, picnic, Village,  peoples
assembly facebook and All the tensions, eccentric and other misuses of
media coverage and spokespersonship, points above and other issues, I
strongly believe we need to adhere to Spanish movement and follow
their example and spirit to the letter. Go to Belgravia Square today
or tomorrow eve to enjoy and understand the spirit I am talking about.
We can put all this down to learning experience.. now beautifully
resolved by arab and now Spanish Revs. If we can mature ourselves to
follow it as other squares admittedly with far less baggage than
Westminster 2003-2011 then London's potentially huge part in the
European and World Revolution
 For Real Democracy will be underway. Given all of the above however,
it maybe sensible to plan and do it properly either on, or after June
30 strike. I just heard the Police Federation are planning industrial
action in July for example. And that might be the perfect moment to
take it big, and with all the right principles in place for the World
City Square to fulfil its destiny.
No One Expects they Spanish Revolution B-)!