[Campaignforrealdemocracy] True Levellers' Propaganda :)

marknbarrett at googlemail.com marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 6 00:26:17 UTC 2012

Great article by Spirit Level authors Wilkinson and Pickett in the Guardian on the causes of the riots last year:

'We are all sensitive to being thought less of, disrespected, put down. Indeed, loss of face and humiliation are the most common triggers to violence. Our need to be valued and our sensitivity to these issues is a constant source of angst, even in close relationships. '

'as we learn more about the malleability of the human brain from early childhood onwards, we discover that differences in status or class position are much more the cause than the result of differences in ability.'

And so on and so forth, rest at:
http://m.guardian.co.uk/ms/p/gnm/op/sIAOvFR-Pyt90XkxrBkdEvQ/view.m?id=15&gid=commentisfree/2012/aug/05/riots-inequality-poverty-self-esteem&cat=commentisfree
Sent from phone