[Campaignforrealdemocracy] Saturday GA Discussion

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 2 10:25:11 UTC 2012

Hey Democracy Campaigners !

John Bywater has recently suggested that this Saturday's GA could be
dedicated to the development of the statement. He mentioned this in the
context of Raghnild's suggestion at INT Outreach that the May calls ( see
below ) for action, basically for revolution needed structures in place to
secure it.

With this in mind, perhaps we could work on the statement a bit this week,
and get something together that takes the critique of our last effort ( as
set out at the forum below) into account, in particular I am thinking of
the suggestion that it needs to be linked to a strategy, and the thought
that this could perhaps be a strategy for mobilising towards the March /
May actions set out below.
 The two main aspects to May calls thus far are set out at:
***May,  Frankfurt and European Call (including info about Frankfurt
planning meeting later this month)
http://www.peoplesassemblies.org/2012/01/querids-companers-amigs-indignads/ and

*** Mayday Mayday!  + March call
http://www.peoplesassemblies.org/2011/10/march-23rd-25th/
A more detailed breakdown of Mayday has just been posted by Niel while I
was compiling this email, so I've pasted it below this message :)

To clarify one sensible way I can think of to link the GA to Mayday calls I
can think of is to link it to the Democracy work, specifically around "how
to build up strategically for May strike via outreach"

You can read more on ideas for the kind of strategy that could be
included, on the thread started by John Sinha here:
http://www.occupylondon.info/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=834#p3149 ( please add
your comments)

All the info and history on the Democracy WG / Statement thus far is at
http://occupylondon.info/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=112 including the criticisms
fo the statement thusfar and some really helpful suggestions on how to take
it forward. Do people want to take this forward for/on Saturday in London?
We could develop a new statement taking into account the key points
from the 28th and ask the GA to consider line by line, as suggested by Dan
in the democracy WG thread..

Also, a statement on the democratic deficit has been prepared quite
recently by Paul Feldman as part of our group's work. It;s at our wiki
http://groupspaces.com/RealDemocracyNow/wiki/

Thoughts ?

Mark