[Campaignforrealdemocracy] [Occupy London] Re: [democracy now] Occupy Local Communities

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 20 22:41:11 UTC 2012

**
What a good thread! :)

Please scroll down to read about ideas  / inspiration for decentralised
movement building ..

 Imagine if there were democracy camps outside all the Town Halls across
London / UK by spring and summer. What a great way to build and enhance
local, regional and country-wide networks and truly connect with the 99.

Here's an article btw, consstructively critiquing Occupy
http://www.freedompress.org.uk/news/2012/01/16/99-of-what/

Would be great to properly bring in the call for Real Democracy Now! if we
do really go local with everything, as we must imo if we are to get to the
nub of things.

Up the R'evolution!
Mark

////////////

Sounds good.  I have been working with a small group in Stroud,
Gloucestershire who are doing their first Occupation on 18 Feb at 1.00 pm

They have a Facebook page Occupy Stroud. Please have a look at it and join
them and chat.

I will be in Stroud on that day - I live only 20 mins drive away.  Anyone
else from Occupy London up for coming and supporting them?  They already
have a few people who are familiar with consensus model from Seeds for
Change.  The last planning meeting we ran on the Occupy model with the hand
signals etc…

Local occupations are of interest to me, and to see what local groups do
and how they decide to run their occupations.  They keep asking me how to
do it, and I say do it the way that makes sense for you.  Three of this
group have come up to Occupy lsx at various times, to see how we did it.

Ben