[Campaignforrealdemocracy] Tomorrow - Occupy Communities Event - 2pm St Pauls

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 15 07:16:59 UTC 2012

 Hey Everyone!

This Sat's General Assembly at St Pauls, on Creating Alternatives through
the ideal of localism, community and the commons will be a great
opportunity to start discussing all the issues.

With music, poetry, talks on the theme of community, inspiring community
groups like Haringey Solidarity and Save Leyton Marsh in attendance this is
a great opportunity to find common ground, support each others' campaigns,
and perhaps start building a really strong London network.

 Do come along if you can, and don't forget to share the invitation with
your local group(s).
http://occupylondon.org.uk/archives/8693

 *Creating Alternatives – new series of community-themed assemblies
starting Saturday 16 June*
*
*
Occupy London warmly invites individuals, grass-roots organisations and
community groups to join us for a discussion of the ideas, experiences,
visions and strategies that will make better social living a practise. By
sharing our stories and community based approaches, we can find common
ground.

This series starts on Saturday 16th June and will continue each Saturday
until late August, always from 2 – 4pm on the steps of St Paul’s. If you
have an idea for a themed assemblies looking at a specific concern do get
in contact.

We feel strongly that through working together exploring the vast
similarities between many of our causes and together, we can reclaim what
has been taken from us and assert our rights as communities over
corporations and the state. Our shared task is to turn occupation into
lasting change by imagining and building compelling, just and democratic
alternatives to the current morally and materially bankrupt system of
living. Examples of such alternatives exist already and have been
successfully practised in a variety of environments and cultures around the
world. [1-3]

Through this series, we’d like to explore such examples together and hear
your stories, experiences and views with a view to building towards
creating our own real alternatives.

*Have an idea? Get in contact:*
Email: occupylondonga at gmail.com
Twitter: @occupylondonga
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/events/477327888950050/

1. http://www.cooperationcommons.com/node/361
2. http://www.envplan.com/epa/editorials/a37172.pdf
3.
http://www.scotsman.com/the-scotsman/opinion/comment/peter-geoghegan-the-road-to-financial-safety-1-2282091

*Materials on the Commons and Commoning*
http://p2pfoundation.net/Category:Commons
http://www.peoplesassemblies.org/2012/06/commons-links-resources/